Introduction to the Theology of the Catholic Mass
— Instructor David L. Gray, ThM
Are you ready to dive deeper into the mysteries and wonders of the Catholic Mass? In Session 3 of 4, we will explore how the liturgy is a cosmic drama that unfolds in every minute, how the Preface dialogue invites us to join the heavenly worship, how the ancient Jewish seder ritual foreshadows the Eucharist, how the admirable exchange transforms us into Christ, and how the communion rite prepares us for the ultimate feast of love. You will discover the richness and beauty of every gesture, word, and symbol in this sacred celebration. Don’t miss this opportunity to grow in your faith and love for the Mass!
- Lesson 3 PDF for the Introduction to the Theology of the Catholic Mass
- Lesson 3 SUB NOTES (Pater Noster, Offertory History)
- The General Instruction of the Roman Missal
- The Real Presence Controversy: A Clash of Theologies in the 9th Century
- The History of Liturgical Development (Focus on the Dominican Solemn Mass) with Father Augustine Thompson, O.P.
- What Do We Have to Do to Preserve the Greatest Piety for the Lord's Real Presence in the Eucharist?