We Were Built to Pursue the Sacred
What does it mean to be human? Doug Barry explores this profound question in this lesson, showing us how our very nature as embodied souls reveals our divine purpose. We are not just souls trapped in bodies, nor are we just bodies with souls. We are unique creations of God, made to love Him and serve Him with both our physical and spiritual capacities. This lesson will inspire you to see your body as a gift and a tool for pursuing the sacred.
INDIVIDUAL & SMALL GROUP DISCUSSION QUESTIONS:
- How does the physicality of how we worship in the liturgy help connect us to the sense of the sacred; that is, bodily worship and the sacredness of the human body.
- What challenges have you had in your life that lead to growth; mentally, physically, and spiritually.
- What hope do you see for the world recovering a sense of the sacred?
Doug Barry’s Bio:
Doug Barry is a Catholic speaker, performer and evangelist who founded the RADIX apostolate in 1992. He is known for his passionate and direct style of preaching, as well as his one-man dramatization of the Passion of Christ. He also hosts the Battle Ready show on EWTN, where he teaches Catholics how to prepare for spiritual warfare. He is married and has five children.
For more information about Doug Barry and his ministry, visit:
- Catholic Answers: https://www.catholic.com/profile/doug-barry
- EWTN: https://www.ewtn.com/tv/shows/battle-ready
- Battle Ready Coalition: https://battlereadystrong.teachable.com/p/battle-ready-coalition-membership