We seek to do all things Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam, for the greater glory of God.
Therefore, the work you submit for publication by Saint Dominic’s Media Inc. should reflect and be in union with our mission and that which we seek. In addition, the particular areas in which we publish content (i.e. books, academic journals, and articles) do have these particular callings listed below:
Theology and other Non-Fiction – We only accept completed manuscripts that are double-spaced, include no special formatting, and have been thoroughly edited. Do not send proposals. We are looking for content that is in union with the traditional and faithful teaching of the Catholic Church. Selected manuscripts will be compelling, persuasive, smart but accessible to a broad audience, and timeless/enduring. Content should be original (at minimum 85% of the submitting author’s own contribution) and thoughtful; meaning, consisting of mature and well thought-out arguments.
- Fiction – We are only accepting completed manuscripts, which have been thoroughly edited. Do not send proposals. We are looking for works of fiction that will inspire our readers to grow deeper in their Catholic faith by the way following fictional characters through their journey in search of the truth. Selected manuscripts will be compelling, fresh, and timeless.
- Fictional Short Stories – In addition to the criteria for Fiction Submissions above, we are accepting completed short fictional stories for books that will include several short stories.
- Poetry – We do not publish books of poetry, but Opus Verum (see below) might be an option for you.
Our published authors receive a royalty of 33% of total NET of the sales of their book for the first eighteen months of publication and 50% of NET thereafter. Royalties are paid out on a calendar quarterly basis. Our authors also receive 10 free copies of their book and are able to purchase additional copies at printing cost + shipping.
We only accept digital Microsoft word submissions at email@example.com. Also in the email, please tell us about your marketing capabilities of the book are (e.g. Facebook page, Twitter, Blog, journalist, etc.). Expect a response back regarding your submission within ninety-days. Please do not contact us to check on the status of the review of your submission.
Opus Verum (Annual Publication):
Opus Verum (Work of Truth), published annually, is a collection of writings by individuals with graduate and post-graduate academic degrees. Criteria for Submission to Opus Verum in addition to being in union with the mission of Saint Dominic’s Media Inc. Next Submission Deadline is February 28, 2018.
- 5,500+ words in length.
- Not previously published in any other academic journal or publication.
- Has already been graded or reviewed by a university faculty. For individuals who have graduate degrees, but are no longer in school, this criterion will be waived, but the submission will be thoroughly examined by our team of scholars.
- Has been thoroughly edited and ready for us to typeset.
- For full consideration, submitted material must be in union with the traditional and faithful teaching of the Catholic Church and compelling.
- The author must be willing to make additional changes to content, where we think a change (addition or subtraction) could significantly improve the work.
- A short collection of poems (3 to 5) may be submitted for consideration into Opus Verum, but space for poetry is limited.
Being that Opus Verum is offered for free on Kindle and for the cost of postage for the print edition, we do not financially compensate the contributors, but we do ask for your curriculum vitae to be published with your paper.
We only accept digital submissions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Expect a response back regarding your submission within ninety-days. Please do not contact us to check on the status of the review of your submission.
Articles for Website:
The selection of articles on the Saint Dominic’s Website are meant to guide our readers into a deeper appreciation and understanding of the traditional teachings of the Catholic Church on faith, morals, and how they might apply what the Church teaches into their lives on a daily basis, so that they might grow deeper and closer to Christ Jesus through His Church. Articles covering news and entertainment (author must provide a link to associated video) will be considered for My Catholic Tube (mCT).
We are not looking for short personal-blog-type articles or empirical-based reflections. Articles submitted should reflect the mission of Saint Dominic’s Media, as well as be thoughtful, compelling, fresh, and not previously published anywhere else on the internet. Articles should be at least 1,200 to 5,500 words in length.
Being that our articles are offered for free and without outside advertisement, authors are not financially compensated for articles that are published on our website, but we do ask for an appropriate picture and professional bio to go with your article(s), as well as links to where readers can learn more about you (e.g. Facebook, Google +, Linkedin, personal website).
We only accept digital submissions at email@example.com. Expect a response back regarding your submission within ten days. Please do not contact us to check on the status of the review of your submission.